Guidelines & online submission
Authors willing to present an online communication at the MeCCE-14 Virtual Event (6-8 July 2021) are welcomed to submit an extended abstract of their work (2 pages MSWord file) to the congress organizers through the MeCCe-14 online submission form.
- EXTENDED ABSTRACT PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS
The abstracts must be written in English and should be informative: they must allow the reviewers to make an intelligent decision about the potential of your contribution(s) in terms of interest and relevance to the Chemical Engineering Community – Please, see the “selection procedure” section, below. Formally, the extended abstracts must also meet the following guidelines:
- Abstract File format: Microsoft Word (.doc / .docx file)
- Abstract length: 2 pages, DIN-A4 (21.0 x 29.7 cm).
- Margins: bottom, left and right set to 2 cm; top set to 2.5cm
- Title: bold “title case”, centred, Cambria 15 points
- Name of authors: centred Cambria, 11 points: FirstName1 (MiddleName1) LastName1, FirstName2 (MiddleName2) LastName2, …
- Affiliations(s): centred, italic, Cambria, 9 points
- e-mail of the corresponding author: Centred, Cambria, 9 points.
- Keywords – Cambria,9 points.
- Text: Cambria, 9 points, single spaced
- Section headers (if needed): Cambria, bold - 11 points
- Tables/Figures Captions: Cambria, 9 points.
- Graphical resolution for figures should be at least 300 dpi
When submitting an Abstract to MeCCE-14, you are accepting that:
- The author(s) has/have not presented this information/result to another scientific meeting and/or published the same information/results in any other way. If the abstract is finally accepted, the transfer of the publishing rights will be required.
- The accuracy of the submitted information/results is the responsibility of the author(s). Author(s) should prepare and proofread their abstracts carefully prior to submission.
- SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
Each abstract must be electronically uploaded, through the MeCCE-14 online submission form before 3rd May, 2021. Abstracts sent by post, fax or email will not be accepted.
- Click here to access the online abstract submission form.
- Fill in the general information of your contribution: title, desired presentation format and topic/subtopic. You also will be asked to accept the transfer of publishing rights.
- Introduce the required information about the authors.
- Upload the Abstract MSWord document. In order to efficiently guarantee contents and formatting, you are welcomed to upload your abstract also as a PDF document
- Check your abstract and complete the submission.
- Once the file is successfully uploaded, a reference number will be automatically generated and assigned to your contribution. A feedback webpage will display the assigned reference number and an email message with all the associated information will be send to the designated corresponding author.
- SELECTION PROCEDURE
The acceptance and the decision about presentation form of the submitted communications will be made on the basis of the 2 pages extended abstract of the work. Abstracts will be reviewed and selected by MeCCE-14 Scientific Committee taking into account the following criteria:
- Relevance and interest of the problem and its solution for the Chemical Engineering community.
- Innovation/improvement over the current state of the art: What is new in relation to previous work? Which are the significant new accomplishments?
- Significance of findings: Which is the impact or significance of the results to the Chemical Engineering community?
- REGISTRATION POLICY
Each Delegate is entitled to present one/two contributions to MeCCE-14, depending on his/her registration type, although he/she may also be co-author of other submitted contributions.
- Full Registration Fee: Each full registered author can present a maximum of 2 contributions.
- Student Registration Fee: Each student registered author can present 1 contribution